Because denim is huge for 2010 I thought I would write a post about DIY ultra destroyed denim. Here is a step by step way to make ultra destroyed denim out of an old pair of jeans.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
Scissors, pipette, bleach, newspaper, a pair of jeans that you will be willing to destroy, clothes drier and a sharp rock.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE SHARP OBJECTS THAT YOU WILL BE USING.
1. Lay newspaper all over surface where you will be destroying the jeans.
2. Lay jeans out so both of the legs are even and there are no folded spots.
3. Take your pipette and fill it will bleach.
4. Spray bleach wherever you want there to be bleach spots on your jeans.
5. After bleaching the front and the back of the pants, put the jeans in the drier.
6. After pants are dry place them back on the newspaper and plan out where you want to make the cuts for the holes.
7. Using scissors, cut the jeans wherever you want the holes.
8. After you have made all of the cuts that you want, use a sharp rock to loosen the threads on the outside of the cuts to give a more rugged and uneven look.
9. After distressing the threads, put the jeans in the drier for a little while to loosen the threads even more.
10. Continue rubbing the rock on your pants until you've reached the desired amount of destroyed.
Obviously you can make changes to how you will make your ultra-destroyed denim depending on how destroyed you want your pants to be. If you want to make yours more unique you can even buy some cute patches of cloth at any local fabric store and sew patches on your destroyed jeans. Although this may take a lot of time and effort, you will look effortlessly fashionable afterwards. Best of luck!
Your fellow fashion blogger,